Ski and Snowboard Cross
Athletes will shred downhill, negotiating a track that consists of jumps, rollers, and banked turns, while trying to fend off other competitors. Four competitors at a time take to the slopes with the top two advancing to the next heat. Whiteface Mountain and its high caliber slopes will throw everything it has at riders as they compete for $2,000 in total prize money.
For more information on ski and snowboard cross, contact Mike Kirchner at email@example.com.
Training and Competition day check-in for Ski Cross and Snowboard Cross is at Whiteface Mountain (Wilmington, NY) in the NYSEF Uihlein Training Center, which is the log building just uphill from the main lodge. Discounted lift tickets for training day will be available for those who do not hold a pass. Competition day lift tickets are included with registration.
Thursday, February 1
- Ski Cross & Snowboard Cross Training – 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. – Whiteface Mountain
Friday, February 2
- Ski Cross & Snowboard Cross Time Trials – 11:15 a.m. Qualifying – Whiteface Mountain
- 9 a.m. - 11 a.m. practice
- Ski & Snowboard Cross Finals – 2 p.m. – Whiteface Mountain
Saturday, February 3
- Ski & Snowboard Age Class Finals/Open Class Qualification – 10:30 a..m. - 2:30 p.m. – Whiteface Mountain
*All schedules are subject to change
The NYSEF Uihlein Training Center opens at 7:30 a.m. daily and lifts begin running at 8:30 a.m.
Age Class: $50
Open Class: $75
Empire State Winter Games Ski Cross and Snowboard Cross are independent, non-sanctioned events open to all athletes.
- 14 & Under – Men/Ladies
- 15 & over – Men/Ladies
- Open Class – Men/Ladies