Rules and information:
Ice hockey is one of the fastest growing women's sports in the world, with the number of participants increasing 350 percent in the last 10 years. While there are not as many organized leagues for women as there are for men, there exists leagues of all levels, including the National Women's Hockey League, Western Women's Hockey League, Atlantic Women's Hockey League and various European leagues; as well as university teams, national and Olympic teams, and recreational teams.
Women's ice hockey was added as a medal sport at the 1998 Winter Olympics in Nagano, Japan. The United States won gold, Canada won silver and Finland won bronze. The chief difference between women's and men's ice hockey is that body checking is not allowed in women's ice hockey. After the 1990 Women's World Championship, body checking was eliminated because female players in many countries do not have the size and mass of North American players. In current IIHF women's competition, body checking is either a minor or major penalty decided at the referee's discretion. In addition, players in women's competition are required to wear protective full-face masks.
ESWG Girls 12U
Division 1: A. Saugerties B. Malone C. Canton D. Rochester
Division 2: E. Clifton Park F. Rome G. Hamburg H. Albany
- Game 1: 11:40 a.m. A vs. B
- Game 2: 12:50 p.m. C vs. D
- Game 3: 2 p.m. E vs. F
- Game 4: 3:10 p.m. G vs. H
- Game 5: 4:20 p.m. A vs. C
- Game 6: 8:10 a.m. B vs. D
- Game 7: 9:20 a.m. E vs. G
- Game 8: 10:30 a.m. F vs. H
- Game 9: 2 p.m. D vs. A
- Game 10: 3:10 p.m. B vs. C
- Game 11: 4:20 p.m. H vs. E
- Game 12: 5:30 p.m. G vs. F
- Game 13: 7:45 a.m. Div. 1 1st vs. Div. 2 2nd
- Game 14: 9:00 a.m. Div. 2 1st vs. Div. 1 2nd
- Game 15: 12:45 p.m. Bronze medal losers, games 13 and 14
- Game 16: 2:00 p.m. Gold/silver medal winners, games 13 and 14
ESWG Adult Women
Division 1: A. Adirondack B. Western C. New York City
Division 2: D. Champlain Valley E. Saratoga F. Hudson Valley
- Game 1: 8:10 a.m. A vs. B
- Game 2: 9:20 a.m. D vs. E
- Game 3: 10:30 a.m. C vs. A
- Game 4: 5:30 p.m. F vs. D
- Game 5: 6:40 p.m. B vs. C
- Game 6: 7:50 p.m. E vs. F
- Game 7: 11:40 a.m. Div. 1 2nd vs. Div. 2 3rd
- Game 8: 12:50 p.m. Div. 1 3rd vs. Div. 2 2nd
- Game 9: 6:40 p.m. Winner of game 7 vs. Div. 2 1st
- Game 10: 7:50 p.m. Winner of game 8 vs. Div. 1 1st
- Game 11: 10:05 a.m. Bronze medal losers, games 9 and 10
- Game 12: 11:30 a.m. Gold/silver medal winners, games 9 and 10
The entry fee for adult women's hockey is $70 per player. The entry fee for 12U girl's hockey is $60 per player or a team minimum of $800.
12U girl's hockey does not register online. Instead, contact Larry Barney at (518) 524-1222 or (518) 523-9706.
If you have a 14U team interested in playing, please contact Larry Barney at the above phone number.
Registration fees are non refundable. In the event of a medical or family emergency a refund may be given. A refund request must be made in writing to be considered.